• Home
  • » Installing And Maintaining Prairie Strips Farminar

Installing and Maintaining Prairie Strips – Farminar

Research has shown that by converting just 10 percent of a crop field to diverse native perennials, farmers and farmland owners can reduce the amount of soil leaving their fields by 90 percent and the amount of nitrogen leaving their fields through surface runoff by up to 85 percent. The Science-based Trials of Rowcrops Integrated with Prairie Strips (STRIPS) project is working to demonstrate these benefits to landowners. Two members of the STRIPS team will share how to establish and maintain prairie strips on farmland, from both the technician and farmer perspectives.

Length: 01:12:58

Year Produced: 2019

State: Iowa

Cropping Systems: Beef Cattle, Corn, Forage, Other Grains

Tags: Erosion Control, Nitrogen, runoff

Share this Virtual Event Recording: share on Facebookshare on Twitter